We’re continuing our quest to adopt a healthier lifestyle, but I admit it’s some times challenging to find new recipes to try. I was recently introduced to Food Babe – if you are not familiar, check her out – and came across this recipe for a Cauliflower & Lentil Taco Wrap. Doesn’t sound appetizing? It’s beyond delicious! I made it yesterday and we’ve been snacking on it ever since. As a matter of fact, it replaced what we were planning for dinner. Let me know what you think. Bon Appetite!
Cauliflower and Lentil Taco Wrap
- 1 cup sprouted lentils
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and broken into small bite size florets
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ cup of your favorite tomato sauce or tomato puree
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large head of romaine
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 avocado cut in slices
- sour cream (optional)
- For the taco filling: Rinse the lentils and drain well.
- Combine the lentils and 3 cups water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes (or 5 mins if you are using sprouted).
- Drain off excess water and set the lentils aside.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor or chop by hand with a knife until reduced to pieces the size of rice grains.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and jalapenos and cook until the onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, garlic, 2 teaspoons of the chili powder, 1 teaspoon of the cumin and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and cook until the cauliflower is tender, another 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked lentils to the cauliflower mixture. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin. Stir in the salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes more to blend the flavors.
- Combine with chopped cilantro and place mixture over romaine leaves
- Top with fresh lime juice, avocado and/or sour cream.
The Pretty Domestic